Last Week of Outdoor Library - Wednesday 5/26 is the last day to check out books in the Outdoor Library, 11:45-1:15, on the Principal's Patio.
All library books must be returned no later than Friday June 4th - There will be collection boxes by the school entrance and on the Principal's Patio during school hours. Books may also be sent to school with your hybrid students. All teachers have received notices of overdue books that should have been sent home or emailed. Check your home bookshelves for overdue books from last year! We still have many books missing!
Donations - If it's time to clean out your student's collection of books, please consider donating books in good condition to the La Ballona Library! Or perhaps you'll find yourself visiting the new bookstore in downtown Culver City, "The Village Well," or stumble upon a used book store during your summer adventures! Thankfully we did just receive a grant order to bring more diversity and equity to our library, but please see below for popular titles, series, and topics that would be greatly appreciated, in either English or Spanish!
- Nonfiction books about animals, pets, dinosaurs & outer space
- kid-friendly books about various cultures
- kid-friendly books about disabilities
- Magic Tree House FACT CHECKERS
- Who Was? Who Is? books
- Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales or any other educational graphic novels
- Drawing and crafting books
- Kid cookbooks
We also have many incomplete series, including:
- The Land of Elyon Series 1-3
- Spiderwick Chronicles 1-4
- Artemis Fowl 1-2
- Septimus Heap series #1-2
- Percy Jackson #1-2
- Kingdom Keepers 1&3 (English)
- Charlie Bone 1-4 (English)
- The Magician Trilogy 1&3 (English)
- Mondrago series (Spanish) #1-3 & 6
- Dan: El genio del gol (Spanish) #1-3
- Harry Potter in Spanish #1, 6 & 7
- Dork Diaries series (English & Spanish)
- 39 Clues series (English & Spanish)
- The Land of Stories
- Sugar Plum Ballerinas series
- Secrets of Droon series
- The Red Pyramid
- Clementine series
- Ivy & Bean series
- Goosebumps or other kid-friendly "scary" books
- Last Dragon Chronicles
- Baseball Card Adventure series or any chapter books about sports
- Babysitters Club
- Anything by Mo Willems (Elephant & Piggie, Pigeon, etc.)
- Biscuit, Pete the Cat, Fly Guy, etc.
- Judy Moody & Stink series
- Ready, Freddy, Horrible Harry, Amelia Bedelia, Rainbow Fairies series
For an even more complete list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.